Absolute Health & Performance are looking for an experienced and motivated Exercise Physiologist with Pilates and strength & conditioning experience to take the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary best in class practitioners, working in a world class facility. The role is for 20 – 25 hrs per week contractor and comes with exceptional opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth through shared knowledge from a variety of clinical and health & fitness backgrounds.
Absolute Health & Performance Group is a state of the art, comprehensive sports medicine, health and fitness centre, providing specialised 1 on 1 and small group training and full clinical rehabilitation services. With a team to be comprised of Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Performance Coaches, Exercise Scientists, Exercise Physiologist’s and Massage Therapists, Absolute aims to bring the highest quality of patient care to the Melbourne CBD.
There is no rent, just the opportunity to carve a successful and professional career. You will be ambitious, driven to grow your business, and a high performer with excellent academic background, a passion for health and fitness and a dedication to providing top class and evidenced-based training and programming. You will be personable, motivating and focused on giving all your clients the highest quality of care, understanding, programming and support in achieving their health, fitness and performance goals.
Required qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Bsc Degree in Exercise Science or equivalent
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Medicare registered
- Relevant Pilates qualifications. Diploma in Pilates or equivalent.
- Level 2 or above membership of the Australian Pilates Method Association or equivalent
- Extensive experience working as a personal trainer, S+C coach or other allied fields, managing a busy client load
- Registrant of Governing bodies
- To be able to exercise a professional duty of care in a safe environment.
- To undertake career-long, self-directed learning.
- To know the professional and personal scope of practice and be able to make appropriate referrals.
- Effective and appropriate skills in communicating information, advice, instruction and professional opinion to colleagues, patients, clients, users, their relatives and careers.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master Degree in relevant field
- Applied Functional Training qualifications equivalent. E.g. FMS
- ASCA Strength & Condition coach lvl 1 and above or working towards.
- Elite Sports or clinical experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected], applications close August 19th.